April 7, 2014

A Cute Little Surprise For Me

Last night I was able to see the girl who inspired The Foster Hat pattern and this time she surprised me with a present. She came down the stairs, hands behind her back and a smile on her face. She said, "I have something for you." Then she brought her hands out front and there it was: a cute, little pillow she had sewn.
I smiled and said thank you. Seeing her smile at my acceptance of it was so heartwarming. I understood though. At this time in her life, being in foster care, there isn't much she can control. I understood that some would scoff at her gift but I knew that even though it may not have been intended for me at first while she was making it, it has found a home.


It definitely made me smile and brightened my evening. What has brightened your day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment