- 1 pound ground beef (mine had a 80% lean 20% fat ratio)
- 1 15 oz can of light kidney beans (I used a reduced sodium)
- 1 15 oz can Del Monte Reduced Sodium Tomato Sauce
- 3-4 Strips of Bacon cut up into small pieces
- A half of a green pepper cut up (I cut mine up "chunky".)
- 1 tablespoon Mc Cormick Perfect Pinch Original Salt Free All Purpose seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Chili Powder
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- In a pan fry up the small pieces of bacon over medium heat, drain
- Add in green peppers and saute
- Add in ground beef, drain once cooked and set aside
- In another deeper pan over medium heat mix the Mc Cormick seasonings, chili powder, tomato sauce and kidney beans. Mix well.
- Add in the ground beef, bacon and peppers. Stir.
- Add in desired amount of Tabasco sauce
- Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Top with cheese if desired and enjoy!
*The bacon wasn't over-powerful but just right for me in terms of texture and having a chili flavor. But again, you can adjust the amount depending on how much you like bacon.
Make sure to share with family and friends!