Kellogg's cereal was on sale for 2 for $5.00I noticed online on their site they had downloadable store coupons I can put on my store loyalty card for the Knorr Pasta Sides to save $3.00 on buying ten. There was also a coupon for saving $0.75 on a reusable bag. Make sure to check local stores in your area to see if they offer downloadable coupons. From here I noticed that there was an "iSave" coupon as well that would print in the store to make the cereal $1.99 a piece if you bought four. This was a "store" coupon and Price Chopper coupon policy allows you to combine it with a manufacturer's coupon. Price Chopper also doubles coupons up to $0.99 which means a coupon for $0.99 would be doubled to $1.98. This is where understanding your store's coupon policy is important.
Knorr Pasta Sides was on sale for 10 for $10.00
One type of their reusable bags was $0.99
After finding additional manufacturer coupons online for the cereal by going to Kellogg's website I was ready for my small shopping trip. It is important to check the brands you buy websites for any coupons they may offer. I also use Inbox Dollars to print coupons because I then earn $0.10 for each coupon I use from there. Another great site for couponing information and coupons is The Krazy Coupon Lady site. I used this when I was beginning to learn about couponing years ago.
Now with coupons in hand I went to the store. It didn't take long to get the items and head to checkout. I will break down how much each item cost me.
- Kellogg's cereal: 1 box Rice Krispies, 2 Frosted Flakes and 1 Raisin Bran
- First was the iSave coupon which brought the sale price from 2 for $5.00 to $1.99 a box
- From there, I had two coupons to save $0.50 on a box of Frosted Flakes, each of those doubled to $1.00 off. I had one coupon for $0.40 off Raisin Bran, doubled to $0.80 off. I had one coupon for $0.50 off Rice Krisipes, again doubled to $1.00. *Note, some of coupons may have been for any Kellogg's cereal so I was able to use it on these specific kinds. Make sure to read the coupon thoroughly before use.
- Cereal final total: $4.16
- Knorr Pasta Sides: 10 pouches
- On sale for 10 for $10.00
- I had coupon downloaded to my store loyalty card to save $3.00 on buying the 10.
- Final Cost: $7.00 for 10
- Reusable Bag: 1.
- Regular cost: $0.99
- Downloadable coupon to card to save $0.75
- Final Cost: $0.24
There was tax on the bag so the grand total I spent was $11.42 on 15 items!
My total savings was $18.65! I saved more than I spent which I love!!!
Don't be afraid to look for coupons and ask questions.
*I can't wait to add chicken and veggies to the pasta sides to make them a little healthier.
Check out my Couponing Videos