- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean 10% fat)
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 - 24 oz jar of Old El Paso Mild Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 - 4 oz can of mushrooms
- 1 - 15.5 oz can of dark kidney beans
- 1 - 15.25 oz can of black beans
- 4 TBSP of chili powder
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- A slow cooker
- Brown beef and sausage in a pan, drain.
- Drain the mushrooms and beans from the cans.
- Place all items into slow cooker, stir.
- Set on low for 2-3 hours
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese (I used a three cheddar cheese blend.)
This is a chunkier type chili without as much sauce. You can add extra salsa if desired.