Recently, I posted a video about the following recipe (click here) and realized I should have it down in written form as well.
You will need:
- A slow cooker (crock pot)
- 1 small can beef broth (preferably with reduced sodium)
- 6 frozen meatballs
- 1/2 to 1 cup broccoli
- 1 to 2 cups butternut squash cut into chunks
- half a small zucchini cut up
- half a yellow squash cut up
- 2 Roma tomatoes cut up
- half a small onion chopped up
- 2 stalks of celery cut up
- a couple dashes of McCormick Perfect Pinch All Purpose Salt Free Seasonings
- a little butter
- dash of pepper
- Place broccoli, celery, zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash and frozen meatballs in slow cooker.
- Add the can of beef broth (do not add water)
- Cover and set slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours. (Soup may be done before then)
- At about 3 hours in, remove meatballs and cut into fours then place back in slow cooker.
- Saute onions with a little butter and a dash of pepper in a pan on the stove.
- Uncover slow cooker and add the McCormick seasonings, onions and cut up tomatoes.
- Recover slow cooker and continue cooking for two hours.
- Enjoy with pasta, rice or on its own.
*If you want more "broth" you can add a can of water to it at the beginning.