November 21, 2021

Creativity Is Not Define By Complexity

 


        Over the last few weeks I have been honestly doubting myself. Doubting my creativity because the ideas I have are...well...simple. I was unsure whether to post new videos when I felt this way. Yet, creativity isn't about complexity, never really has been for me or for my YouTube channels so WHY am I hesitating? Because negative thoughts can overpower us. They can make you feel "less than" if you are "too simple". At least that is how my thought process has been like for awhile when it came to filming. 
    But, I am starting to let negative thoughts not control me, or my creativity. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. I'm sure some of you reading this right now are dealing with it too. I put pressure on myself in areas where I don't need to. "Simple" isn't a bad word. I called my YouTube channel "Simply Intertwined" because I WANTED to keep things simple. I don't do very complex items because that, frankly, isn't me. I'm a simple person. A simple creator. And creativity isn't defined by how complex it is to make/do. 
    I like sharing how to use the same stitches to make different items because, for some, they can only handle doing simple projects, simple stitches and there is nothing wrong with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment