My daughter tried it and decided to name it. Having her a part of the recipe, or recipe naming process, is always fun! (If she had her way more sugar would have been used in the recipe.)
- Roughly 3 pounds of Red Delicious Apples
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- Optional: add a 1 cup of raisins once done and top with chopped walnuts as seen in picture above.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour water and lemon juice in slow cooker, stir
- Peeled, core, and cut up apples then place in slow cooker, stir
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over apples and gently stir
- Cook on high for 3 hours, gently stirring occasionally.
- Switch to low for another 1 hour
- Carefully use a potato masher, or other device, to break up the apples to desire consistency. It will be very hot. I choose to keep it "chunky" by not mashing as much.
- Optional: Once done, add in raisins and top with walnuts and sprinkle extra sugar if needed.