January 1, 2019

Day One Of My Temperature Blanket

Here it is!
The first day of my temperature blanket project! I promise I won't post every day about it, more like at the end of each month. 😁

For those that don't know what a temperature blanket is, it involves assigning yarn to specific temperature ranges and knitting (or crocheting) a row each day that corresponds to that temperature. Some choose to pick the highest temperature or lowest, others a set time each day. Some do two rows, one for highest, one for lowest.  I decided on recording the temperature at noon every day.



What I love is there is no right or wrong way to make one. You can modify it easily. I will be crocheting mine. I decided on a white border at the top and will do a white border at the end along with one all the way around the blanket once done. I also want to do a white row after each month.
Below is the color chart I decided on:

Before today, I used an "I", or 5.50 MM, Boye crochet hook to make 340 chains in white yarn in hopes it will work for my queen size bed. Then, I continued using that hook to do a double crochet row (still in white) for my "border". I'm excited to see how it progresses and which color will repeat the most.

Day One Color is Dark Purple since it was 31 F. My daughter was hoping for Below 20 so it could start in the same color as our cat. Kids!! I switched hook size to a size "E", or 3.50 MM, and will be doing a single crochet row for each day. I am simply cutting and tying the new yarn at each change. I will weave the ends in when completed. If I did my math right, or at least close, I will end up with around a 7 foot long blanket which definitely will work for my bed.

I hope you decide to try this kind of blanket in the future either in Knit, Loom Knit or Crochet. Have a great day everyone!!

The yarn looks more like dark purple in person.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your website - thru youtube - and wonder if you have posted any more of your temperature blanket. A great idea!

    ReplyDelete