My daughter helped to design and name these leg warmers.
You will need:
The Authentic Board Sock Loom 2
Worsted Weight Yarn (4)
To begin configure the loom as so:
30 pegs are needed in a round.
- Cast On Ewrap Method (or another if you want)
- Rows 1-6: Rib Stitch
- Rows 7-10: Seed Stitch
- Rows 11-14: Knit (e wrap method was used)
- Rows 15-18: Seed Stitch
- Rows 19-22: Knit (e wrap was used)
- Rows 23-26: Seed Stitch
- Rows 27-30: Knit (e wrap was used)
- Rows 31-34: Seed Stitch
- Rows 35- 59: Knit (e wrap was used)
- Rows 60-66: Rib Stitch
- Row 67: Knit (e wrap was used)
- Cast Off: Crochet with 2 chains in between. (You may need to adjust to just one chain depending on the child. My daughter wanted them a little loose at the top.)
- cast off is similar to how I did at the end of this video. (Go to min 22:40 when I start to take it off the loom)
- Weave in any loose ends
- Try on child before beginning the next to check fit.
Note: My daughter is 6 1/2 years old. Leg warmers were roughly 11 inches long. The biggest part of my daughter's leg was 9 inches around and there was still a little room. By using this loom you can easily adjust for a smaller or bigger child.