- 1 pound of beef pub style extra lean shaved steak
- 1 cup College Inn beef broth
- 1/2 cup of sweet petite baby carrots chopped
- 1 cup of a green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dried onions
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned meat tenderizer
- 1 - 4oz can of sliced mushrooms
- Sub or Hoagie Rolls
- Cheese (I choose Provolone)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Place green pepper, carrots, mushrooms and garlic in a bowl
- Heat a big frying pan or skillet over medium high heat
- Once heated, add meat and dry ingredients
- When meat is almost all the way cooked add the veggies and garlic. DO NOT ADD BEEF BROTH YET
- Cook veggies to desired constancy (I like a little crunch still left on mine.)
- Add the beef broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Uncover and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Assemble your hoagie roll with your choice of cheese and any dressing you choose. Add mixture and enjoy!
|I topped mine with a little ranch dressing.|