April 24, 2016

Cereal for $0.99 A Box! Sweet!

Couponing does not have to be done on a large scale, it is not about being "extreme". There has been many times I have gone in with a few coupons at a time. When you do that you become less overwhelmed and can focus more on the task at hand. The other day I went in with a mission to get four boxes of cereal, ten pasta sides and one reusable bag from my local Price Chopper. Keep in mind that sale prices and coupons vary from store to store and location to location in the USA. I was able to view the store's weekly flyer as well online and create my shopping list from it.
Kellogg's cereal was on sale for 2 for $5.00
Knorr Pasta Sides was on sale for 10 for $10.00
One type of their reusable bags was $0.99 
I noticed online on their site they had downloadable store coupons I can put on my store loyalty card for the Knorr Pasta Sides to save $3.00 on buying ten. There was also a coupon for saving $0.75 on a reusable bag. Make sure to check local stores in your area to see if they offer downloadable coupons. From here I noticed that there was an "iSave" coupon as well that would print in the store to make the cereal $1.99 a piece if you bought four. This was a "store" coupon and Price Chopper coupon policy allows you to combine it with a manufacturer's coupon. Price Chopper also doubles coupons up to $0.99 which means a coupon for $0.99 would be doubled to $1.98. This is where understanding your store's coupon policy is important.

After finding additional manufacturer coupons online for the cereal by going to Kellogg's website I was ready for my small shopping trip. It is important to check the brands you buy websites for any coupons they may offer. I also use Inbox Dollars to print coupons because I then earn $0.10 for each coupon I use from there. Another great site for couponing information and coupons is The Krazy Coupon Lady site. I used this when I was beginning to learn about couponing years ago.

Now with coupons in hand I went to the store. It didn't take long to get the items and head to checkout. I will break down how much each item cost me.

  • Kellogg's cereal: 1 box Rice Krispies, 2 Frosted Flakes and 1 Raisin Bran
    • First was the iSave coupon which brought the sale price from 2 for $5.00 to $1.99 a box
    • From there, I had two coupons to save $0.50 on a box of Frosted Flakes, each of those doubled to $1.00 off. I had one coupon for $0.40 off Raisin Bran, doubled to $0.80 off. I had one coupon for $0.50 off Rice Krisipes, again doubled to $1.00. *Note, some of coupons may have been for any Kellogg's cereal so I was able to use it on these specific kinds. Make sure to read the coupon thoroughly before use. 
    • Cereal final total: $4.16
  • Knorr Pasta Sides: 10 pouches
    • On sale for 10 for $10.00 
    • I had coupon downloaded to my store loyalty card to save $3.00 on buying the 10.
    • Final Cost: $7.00 for 10 
  • Reusable Bag: 1.
    • Regular cost: $0.99
    • Downloadable coupon to card to save $0.75
    • Final Cost: $0.24
There was tax on the bag so the grand total I spent was $11.42 on 15 items! 



My total savings was $18.65! I saved more than I spent which I love!!! 

Don't be afraid to look for coupons and ask questions.

*I can't wait to add chicken and veggies to the pasta sides to make them a little healthier. 
Check out my Couponing Videos




No comments:

Post a Comment