- Knifty Knitter purple hat (round) loom (contains 48 pegs). This loom is no longer made however there is a replacement loom available through Cindiwood Looms (click here)
- Looming tool
- Row counter
- Cast on using the Figure 8 Cast On with one strand of worsted weight yarn (weight of 4). I used white.
- Once you join the beginning and end pegs together switch to the Double Stitch for 3 rows.
- Now use the Chunky Braid Stitch for 2 rows.
- Cut the white yarn leaving a 3-4 inch tail. Attach two strands of another yarn, if they are a 4 or 5 weight, to the white. I used two strands of Lion Brand Tweed Stripes yarn in "wildfire" color. You can work any tails in later. *Note the brim will naturally curl up due to the stitches used and it being done in one strand.
- Making sure to have both strands do 1 row of Chunk Braid Stitch again.
- Figure 8 Stitch for 5 rows
- E-wrap knit 1 row
- Purl 1 row
- Rib Stitch (K1P1) for 18 rows *Note: I use the e-wrap knit for the K part.
- Gathered bind off
- Hide any stragglers
|I like how the wildfire yarn can be seen just under the brim.|
|Even my daughter liked it. She is almost 9 years old.|
Make sure to share! Have a great day!