My daughter, like many kids her age, is waiting on Christmas. I decided to make this simple "countdown" by using blocks (which was in a package of 9) and a small tin from the Dollar Tree. My daughter helped me as well.
December 7, 2017
July 22, 2017
July 11, 2017
You Will Need:
- Sock Loom 2 (or All In One Loom)
- Crochet Hook
- Looming Tool
- Cotton Yarn- I used Peaches & Cream: Rouge Red (I picked up a small skein at a thrift store for 0.99 so I am unsure if they particular yarn is still available.)
June 11, 2017
April 12, 2017
This craft project was both fun and simple. I purchased the red glass vase at my local Salvation Army Thrift Store a few weeks ago knowing I would find a use for it. Red is my favorite color. Recently, I purchased a new desk and decided this vase was to be included in the desktop decor. I purchased three bags of glass stones in the craft section of the Dollar Tree. Then I purchased the flowers at Walmart, with the help of a fellow customer's opinion.
March 15, 2017
You either love them or hate them.
What is the importance of taking the time to make one? Why can't I just do the project?
Swatches are important for a few reasons, especially to new loomers.
- With swatches you can determine the best yarn thickness for the loom you want to use. For example, by doing a swatch on a smaller gauge loom, like the All In One, with a bulky type yarn you will find out that you may not want to use a bulky yarn--that the project works up harder and more tight. Or you may simply need to change the stitch you use with the yarn. The same goes with a thinner yarn on a bigger gauge loom.
March 8, 2017
Remember this is in video from as well. Click here.
This is designed for a small wrist with a circumference of 6 inches.
Set up your Sock Loom 2 (or All In One Loom) to 18 pegs in a round.
Before casting on, place 20 ponybeads on the yarn. I did two black, then two blue but you can do whatever colors you want.
- Ewrap cast on.
- Row 1-4: Rib Stitch (K1P1)
- Place Stitch markers as shown below:
February 28, 2017
Recently I received a wonderful gifts from a fellow loomer. She has watched my videos for quite some time now and has even inspired a few. We both believe in the idea of "pay it forward". For her, it was paying it forward to me for the videos I make available to fellow loomers. I don't always get to purchase new items for my crafts so it warmed my heart that she thought of me. I was quite surprised at what I received!
February 15, 2017
I haven't posted a thrifty find in a while. This one comes courtesy of my daughter's school. On Mondays and Thursdays they have a book cart where kids can purchase books for $0.25 a piece or they can trade in a book from home for a "new" book. It's a great program to raise awareness of reading and provide the school with some extra funds most likely geared at reading as well.
Besides books for children, they have a section of books adults can purchase for $0.50 a piece. I found a book recently that caught my eye.
January 21, 2017
My daughter decided on what button I would put on and I know it is a little big. She ended up taking this to use as a collar for one of her smaller stuffed animals. I know wristbands aren't too popular but I think there is potential. There is a little different design on the side not shown. This, of course, works up very quickly.