November 15, 2013

Basic Fingerless Gloves for Men

Basic Fingerless Gloves for Men

I had made these very simple fingerless gloves for a man using a worsted weight yarn (4) called Red Heart Comfort Yarn (Black)--click here for link to it at Joann's. My husband is "modeling" them. He is a big guy so these should work for most guys but may need to be tweaked for a thinner man.

 I used the sock loom with the metal pegs (since I had projects on my other looms). 

  • Use 44 pegs in a round.
  • Cast On (I just did an e-wrap cast on)
  • Garter Stitch 4 rows (knit a row, purl a row, knit a row, purl a row)
  • E-wrap knit 16 rows
  • Create thumb hole by moving loops off pegs and moving over like below
  •  Knit over when you move the loops over, three pegs should be empty like below

  • Work in a "U" for 20 rows
  • Now continue doing an e-wrap knitting (wrapping the empty pegs as you go) for 26 rows
  • Garter Stitch for 5 rows (knit a row, purl a row, knit a row, purl a row, knit a row)
  • Crochet cast off 2 chains in between 
  • Done! 
I hope it works for you. 

  • Note if you do a flat knit the gloves may become tighter.
  • Also if they turn them inside out, the "wrong" side might look cool too.


No comments:

Post a Comment