Basic Fingerless Gloves for Men
I had made these very simple fingerless gloves for a man using a worsted weight yarn (4) called Red Heart Comfort Yarn (Black)--click here for link to it at Joann's. My husband is "modeling" them. He is a big guy so these should work for most guys but may need to be tweaked for a thinner man.
I used the sock loom with the metal pegs (since I had projects on my other looms).
- Use 44 pegs in a round.
- Cast On (I just did an e-wrap cast on)
- Garter Stitch 4 rows (knit a row, purl a row, knit a row, purl a row)
- E-wrap knit 16 rows
- Create thumb hole by moving loops off pegs and moving over like below
- Knit over when you move the loops over, three pegs should be empty like below
- Work in a "U" for 20 rows
- Now continue doing an e-wrap knitting (wrapping the empty pegs as you go) for 26 rows
- Garter Stitch for 5 rows (knit a row, purl a row, knit a row, purl a row, knit a row)
- Crochet cast off 2 chains in between
I hope it works for you.
- Note if you do a flat knit the gloves may become tighter.
- Also if they turn them inside out, the "wrong" side might look cool too.